Monday, August 07, 2006

Collectors Shot Glasses

********************o0o*******************
DICK PRUDEN

Newport Beach City Shot '05 was never released and Dick won this shot during the raffle draw from the last Shot Event.
(July 14, 2006)

********************o0o********************
JOEL SCHMIDT


Now, the story behind these shots. The name was printed from left to right on the back of the shots. This makes the names read backward when looking through the front of the shot. There were 2 more sets of proto shaker girl shots made with the names backward on the back so that they read left to right in the front. One of those sets has 3 shots MIA and the other 2 were donated to raffles for charity. The last set is at the HRH in Vegas making this the only backward set and the only complete set that a collector will ever own.
(June 29, 2006)
********************o0o********************
ANDY BUZA

"I only collect 4'' regular BL (no variations), event shots and other limited editions, mexican variation, canadiab blue logo shots, some series (panda, dragon, metallics, frosted, stp 1st generation, 30 years) and city shots (only 2004 and europeans). I started collecting shots back in 1997 from those cafe I visited. End of 2001, I started buying them at Ebay, because I had reduce travelling around the world as my first daughter was born. Also, back in 2001 I found out about our group at Yahoo which gave me a boost in my collection. Currently, I have about 350 different shots in my collection. I hope I can make it someday to one of the collectors meeting, when my kids are grown up a little bit."
(January 10, 2006)
********************o0o********************
DIMOS PAPADOPOULOS

Started collecting HRC shots since 1992 and with 1,375 different HRC shots, fake Mexican shots not included. Also collects PH and other shot glasses, such as Sports, Teams, Places, Liquor advertising, Jack Daniels, Harley Davidson, Rainforect Cafe, All Star Cafe, Dive Cafe, etc. In total collection is around 6,000 - 7,000 shot glasses.
(December 23, 2005)

********************o0o******************
CHRIS HAASE

There must be 800 to 900 HRC shots, plus several Planet Hollywood and All Star Cafes.
"I've been collecting since 1997, but haven't been serious about until ~2000, so I'm missing many of the old rare shots from the nineties. My policy was to get shots from the cafes I've been to. Had to change that since I've realised that shots were discontinued and locations closed (a lot worse for me!). My overall goal is to visit all HRCs in the world. Have done about 75% of the cake, will take another bit bite in 2006, but there are still many left and new ones are adding to it .... (see: http://www.arrakeen.ch/hrcvisits.htm)"
(December 23, 2005)

********************o0o********************
TOM CHERF
Been collecting for about 15 - 20 years but that was just for the cafes that he visited. Collecting everything for about 4 years. Total of 700 shots.
(December 22, 2005)

********************o0o********************

ERAS MAGALLANES

I started collecting in 2001 when a friend of mine gave me a shot glass from Munich. In 2002 I acquired 15 shot glasses from friends and from my travels abroad. It was November 11, 2003 when I found out the HRC Shot glass group and started trading and acquired 93 shots. In 2004, I collected 424 and in 2005 I got 176 shots. To date (August 9, 2006) I already have a total of 802 shot glasses all of them displayed in shelves.